At a Glance
Are you looking to turn your established network in Independent Living and Retirement communities into a fast-paced side-gig opportunity, working with an innovative new start-up looking to make a difference? If so, we want to talk.
Who we Are
Smarter LLC (www.TheSmarterService.com) is solving a critical gap in the market. A service to help Older Adults support & use technology with confidence while helping them discover new things they may not yet be aware of. We believe this can only be achieved through personalized and high touch access to someone who knows and cares about them. In less than 10 years, the US population will fit the definition of “super-aged” with more than 20% of the total population over 65 years old, totaling 75+ million people. When this growing demographic becomes disengaged with technology, it is at the cost of their health and happiness, making them feel increasingly isolated from friends and family as they age. Over 50% of Older Adults experience frustration with technology on a weekly basis. While they often have a team of trusted advisors – a doctor, financial adviser, and CPA – they lack a trusted, single point of contact to help them leverage technology to provide freedom and live a connected life. Adult children don’t often live close by and lack the access, time, or knowledge to help their parents use technology to serve rather than frustrate them to keep them connected and safe, and traditional tech support isn’t cutting it. We can do better.
We are on the hunt for a Business Development professional who can leverage their network and produce results. Your primary objective is to sell-in Smarter services to change-makers in the space, to support their staff and residents with Technology. This is a new way to think about tech support for communities, so the ability to influence through storytelling and bringing our vision to life is critical. This position is perfect for someone looking for a side hustle, ready to give 20+ hours a week to leverage their network, build a pipeline and close deals. This role can be located anywhere in the US.
- Develop lead lists from your established network, build brand awareness and initiate/maintain relationships with potential clients.
- Conduct presentations to potential clients, persuasively educating them on the value of using Smarter’s solution.
- Create creative solutions that mesh Smarter services with community needs, closing deals to work on the property.
- Leverage a variety of tools including LinkedIn, Hubspot, etc. to manage the business development process.
- Provide sales activity reports with documented lead status and next steps.
- Provide a product-market fit feedback loop to be used by marketing & leadership to refine services.
- Build a set of tangible/quantifiable metrics/KPIs that compel enterprise/partnerships to understand Smarter’s to help close sales.
- Work with leadership to provide strategic roadmaps to onboard new clients and establish benchmarks for their success with Smarter once a deal is closed.
- Conduct market research to stay current on industry and market trends and tailor approach to remain competitive.
Skills & Requirements
- Deep experience and an established network within the Independent & retirement communities required
- Proven experience and success in business development
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup, carving new paths & innovation in an established space
- Through discussions, identifies problems or concerns for communities and leverage this insight to make our solution and storytelling better.
- Takes action through strong initiative and self-direction
- Builds and maintains positive relationships that lead to business deals and/or connections
- Ability to self-manage but also able to operate in a collaborative environment
Education & Experience
- Extensive network within the Independent Living & Retirement communities
- Successful experience selling service solutions within these environments
- Familiar with technology with a passion for innovating, specifically for Older Adults
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org