Business Development Specialist
At a Glance
Are you a hunter, who is results-driven and finds joy in generating leads and procuring new business deals? Are you looking to turn your established network in Independent Living and Retirement communities into an opportunity to work with an innovative new start-up looking to make a difference? If so, we want to talk.
Who We Are
Smarter LLC enables active aging residential communities (aged 55+) and independent / assisted living to meet the technology needs of their residents by providing virtual and onsite technology training and support to older adults. Smarter provides a personalized, human-centered cost-effective service that provides 1:1, small group and community-wide interactive events, regular newsletters, and easy “How to Guides” which enable older adults to extend their sense of independence in an increasingly digital world that is forcing technology adoption and usage at a rapid rate (from eCommerce to banking, healthcare, and social media). With our patient team of Smarter Concierges, Smarter provides ongoing technology training and support services (virtual and in-home) that help older adults age in place safely and securely, improve the quality of their life, and helps them adapt and utilize technology to stay connected to friends, family and those that care for them.
About the Role
We are looking for a Business Development Specialist who can leverage their network and produce results. Your primary objective is to connect with internal influencers and decision makers in housing communities, build a pipeline, and sell Smarter services. This is a new way to think about tech support for communities, so the ability to influence through storytelling and bringing our vision to life is critical. You are inspired by innovation, driven to redefine norms, and energized by identifying prospects and closing deals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop lead lists from your established network, build brand awareness, and initiate/maintain relationships with potential clients.
- Present to potential clients, educating them on the value of using Smarter as their solution.
- Create adaptive solutions that mesh Smarter’s services with community needs.
- Leverage a variety of tools including LinkedIn, ZoHo etc. to manage the business development process.
- Deliver sales activity reports with documented lead status and next steps.
- Provide a product-market fit feedback loop to be used by marketing and leadership to refine services.
- Build a set of quantifiable metrics that compel our partnerships to understand Smarter and support the sales process.
- Work with leadership to provide strategic roadmaps for onboarding new clients; establish benchmarks for client success with Smarter, once a deal is closed.
- Conduct market research, stay current on industry and market trends, and tailor our approach to remain competitive.
- 3+ years of experience in a sales/business development role with proven results, focusing on outside sales
- 3+ years of experience and an established network within active aging communities required; successful experience selling service solutions within these environments
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a related field; or equivalent experience
- Familiar with technology with a passion for innovating, specifically for Older Adults
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup, carving new paths & innovation in an established space
- Extensive experience generating leads and delivering results in outside sales
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and demonstrate a self-starter attitude and go-getter mentality
- Positive energy and enthusiasm to motivate and inspire decision-makers to evolve how they think about supporting Older Adults and technology
- Resourceful with a passion for exploring and utilizing various resources, tools, and techniques to tell a compelling Smarter story
- Proven entrepreneurial mindset, with a drive to constantly seek opportunities to improve and expand our service while staying attuned to the needs and realities of housing communities
- Ability to learn from each engagement and evolve storytelling and sales strategies to sharpen our solution
- Through discussions, identify problems or concerns for communities and leverage this insight to make our solution and storytelling better
- Ability to self-manage but also able to operate in a collaborative environment
- This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the US
Targeted Compensation Range: $80-90k annually plus bonus based on performance
Learn more about why we exist in this video!
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org