Digital Marketing Manager
At a Glance
Are you a dynamic, creative Digital Marketer who is willing to roll up your sleeves and establish a brand for an unsolved problem? Do have a passion for marketing, social media, and content creation? Then this may be the job for you.
Who We Are
Smarter LLC enables active aging residential communities (aged 55+) and independent / assisted living to meet the technology needs of their residents by providing virtual and onsite technology training and support to older adults. Smarter provides a personalized, human-centered cost-effective service that provides 1:1, small group and community-wide interactive events, regular newsletters, and easy “How to Guides” which enable older adults to extend their sense of independence in an increasingly digital world that is forcing technology adoption and usage at a rapid rate (from eCommerce to banking, healthcare, and social media). With our patient team of Smarter Concierges, Smarter provides ongoing technology training and support services (virtual and in-home) that help older adults age in place safely and securely, improve the quality of their lives, and helps them adapt and utilize technology to stay connected to friends, family and those that care for them.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative Digital Marketer who is willing to roll up their sleeves and establish a brand for an unsolved problem. The ideal candidate will have a passion for marketing, social media, and content creation, and excellent communication skills. They must thrive in a fast-paced environment, ready to take on the development and implementation of marketing strategies to build our brand, attract great partners, and foster positive relationships within the Older Adult living communities.
- Develop, communicate, and execute marketing plans and strategies to promote our brand and increase brand awareness among partners and potential members.
- Create engaging content for various marketing channels, including social media, newsletters, blogs, email campaigns, and website on a managed calendar to keep our content relevant, fresh, and engaging.
- Monitor and identify relevant social media sites and share back learnings, best practices, or trends to incorporate into our social media and website.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure brand consistency across all channels.
- Identify and engage with influencers, organizations, and individuals who work in the active aging and retirement communities, or with organizations who serve our target demographic to build relationships and positively impact our business.
- Discover, plan, and coordinate public relations activities such as press releases, media interviews, podcasts, and live streams.
- Promote Smarter initiatives on local community sites and social media to promote the Smarter vision and services by interacting with potential Smarter members.
- Collaborate with Smarter leadership to establish campaigns, objectives, execute tasks and solve problems.
- Create visual content that aligns with our brand identity and optimize content for digital distribution (including email and SMS).
- Actively contribute to the development of marketing collateral including brochures, presentations, and promotional materials.
- Edit graphics and video content as well as blog posts, eBooks, and thought leadership content, for social and web distribution.
- Execute a company and founder social community management strategy focused on increasing followers and engagement while also aligning with our brand voice and overarching company goals.
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics to identify areas of improvement and optimize campaigns or strategies accordingly.
- Capture website traffic and social engagement data; present informed reports/recommendations to leadership.
- Extensive network within the Independent Living and Retirement communities
- Proven experience as a digital marketer or similar role, preferably in a fast-paced environment or start-up
- Strong social media management skills and experience in creating visual and written content
- Demonstrated experience in PR activities, including media relations, press releases & event coordination
- Strong skillset for networking and relationship building. Established relationships in active ager living or retirement communities are a plus.
- Creative thinker with the ability to be innovative in an environment where we aren’t cheap, but we are smart with our pennies.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to monitor and interpret marketing metrics: transform findings into improved strategies.
- Proficient with marketing tools and software, including social media management platforms, content management platforms, and analytics tools.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, online posting/scheduling tools, and Google Workspaces is preferred.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines, but still have fun with your co-workers.
- Prior experience in social media marketing, copywriting, graphic design, and/or business development is helpful
- Experience editing and creating visual content including video is a plus
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business Administration preferred
- Relevant Certifications
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of education
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
Annual Pay: 72K-90K
Location: Remote (anywhere in the U.S.)