At a Glance
Are you the go-to resource for your family and solving technology problems? Do you get energy from discovering new technology that can help make someone’s life easier or better? Are you great at simplifying complex technology for an end-user? Do you get tons of energy getting to know people, then discovering ways to help with patience for days? If this describes you, we may have the perfect role.
WHO WE ARE
Smarter LLC (www.TheSmarterService.com) is solving a critical gap in the market. A service to help Older Adults support & use technology with confidence while helping them discover new things they may not yet be aware of. We believe this can only be achieved through personalized and high touch access to someone who knows and cares about them. In less than 10 years, the US population will fit the definition of “super-aged” with more than 20% of the total population over 65 years old, totaling 75+ million people. When this growing demographic becomes disengaged with technology, it is at the cost of their health and happiness, making them feel increasingly isolated from friends and family as they age. Over 50% of Older Adults experience frustration with technology on a weekly basis. While they often have a team of trusted advisors – a doctor, financial adviser, and CPA – they lack a trusted, single point of contact to help them leverage technology to provide freedom and live a connected life. Adult children don’t often live close by and lack the access, time, or knowledge to help their parents use technology to serve rather than frustrate them to keep them connected and safe.
We can do better.
We are on the hunt for Technology Advisors who can work with older adults (65ish+) and make technology more approachable. A natural Teacher and trainer (hey, Teachers would be brilliant in this role), the right candidate thrives on building one on one relationships and identifying solutions to make life easier through technology. We get energy from helping someone learn new things and build confidence. Our members don’t know what they don’t know, so your job is to help discover new things, teach our members learn how to use them and support them through their technology journey.
- Manage a roster of members and meet their needs for technology support & learning
- Manage member profiles & call reports
- Create content development of required training documents
- Develop a customized training & learning plan for assigned members based on an understanding of personal needs and goals.
- Provide ongoing tech support to tech nuisances as they arise
- Participate in sales development, earning new members through local engagement
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Extremely strong interpersonal communication – written, verbal, and on camera
- Must be results and detail-oriented
- Must have passion for technology and innovation
- High level of initiative and self-motivation with a continued drive to learn
- Patient! Our members are typically not digital natives. They need patient, caring support to help them navigate all things Technology.
- Curious! Ability to ask effective questions and be an active listener, able to identify a member’s personal needs and match it with Technology that might make things easier or safer.
- Proactive! Always working for the best interest of members, looking for Technologies, products and services that will help them stay independent.
- Trainer! Not everyone finds technology intuitive, so teaching our members how to use devices, how to access an app or how to use a service online is key.
- Communication! A clear communicator, able to take the complex to simple and make it relatable.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work on time
- Flexible availability including weekends
- To be eligible for this position, we require full Covid-19 vaccination
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College or working toward a degree preferred
- 2-3 years of customer-facing experience in retail or services industry
- Familiar with technology with a passion for staying on top of what’s available in products and services.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are required to:
- Regularly talk, sit, stand, walk, and bend over, repetitive use of hands/arms, repetitive use of legs and grasp
- Drive within a defined geography, utilizing your own vehicle
- Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org