AT A GLANCE
Are you the go-to resource in your family for solving technology problems? Do you get energy from discovering new technologies that can help make someone’s life easier or better? Are you extremely patient and good at simplifying complex technology for an end-user? If this describes you, we may have the perfect role.
WHO WE ARE
The Smarter Service enables active aging residential communities (aged 55+) and independent / assisted living to meet the technology needs of their residents by providing virtual and onsite technology training and support to older adults. The Smarter Service provides a personalized, human-centered cost-effective service that provides 1:1, small group and community-wide interactive events, regular newsletters, and easy “How to Guides” which enable older adults to extend their sense of independence in an increasingly digital world that is forcing technology adoption and usage at a rapid rate (from eCommerce to banking, healthcare, and social media). With our patient team of Smarter Concierges, The Smarter Service provides ongoing technology training and support services (virtual and in-home) that help older adults age in place safely and securely, improve the quality of their life, and help them adapt and utilize technology to stay connected to friends, family and those that care for them.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Tech Concierge to assist older adults (55+) in navigating and embracing technology with ease. You will possess exceptional teaching and training abilities, deriving satisfaction from establishing personalized connections and finding technological solutions that enhance someone’s quality of life. You find joy in empowering others with knowledge, fostering their confidence, and guiding them toward embracing the digital world. As our members may not be aware of the possibilities, your primary responsibility will involve discovering new technological advancements, educating them on how to utilize these resources effectively, and providing ongoing support throughout their technology journey.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a group of members and meet their needs for technology support and learning, including but not limited to in-home visits, virtual support, advice, outsourcing labor, etc.
- Conduct in-home and/or virtual assessments of members’ needs.
- Develop and implement a plan of action following review with members, based on assessment findings.
- Write up detailed reporting/documentation of interactions with members.
- Develop customized training and learning plans for assigned members based on an understanding of personal needs and goals.
- Provide ongoing tech support to members as their primary or alternate concierge.
- Participate in sales development, earning new members through local engagement; build a network of business in your market.
- Capture content (photos, videos, quotes) and feed to marketing for promotional use.
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience in retail or services industry
- Strong knowledgeable and understanding of technology and electronics
- Must have reliable transportation w/flexible availability including weekends; all mileage will be reimbursed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
College or working toward a degree preferred
- Must possess an elevated level of patience and be a team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – written, verbal, and on camera is paramount
- Detail-oriented and results driven; Highly motivated self-starter
- Passion for technology and innovation
- High level of initiative; aptitude to determine and execute implied tasks when given specified tasks
- Effectively ask fact-finding questions to discover member’s personal needs that can be made easier through technology
- Natural coach/trainer to those where technology is not intuitive; teach members about their current, as well as recent technology that you introduce
- Possess the ability to break down complex instructions into simple tasks that members understand and comprehend
Target Compensation Range: $28-32 per hour
Location: Though we are primarily focused on Arizona and California markets, we are expanding and welcome applicants from all U.S. locations.
Learn more about why we exist in this video!
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org